Living Information

Prospective Students/ Faculty & Visiting Students

Student Visa

Foreign students seeking to study in Korea should hold a student visa (D-2), which can be applied for and obtained at the nearest Korean Embassy or Consulate in their country. When applying for the visa, students are required to submit “Certificate of Admission” which will be officially issued by Inha University.

Faculty & Visiting Student

If foreigners want work at Inha University as faculty members or visiting scientists, they should be issued E type visa.(Faculty Member ; E-1 or E-2 / Visitng Scientist ; E-3) Immigration Office in Korea will be granted Visa Issuance Number after their examination on the documents which the applicants submitted. The faculty members and scientists can get a E type visa, after they submit the number to the nearest Korean Embassy or Consulate in their country.

Current Students

Visa Extension

Foreigners can extend their visa as long as they register or work at Inha University. In order to extend the visa, they are asked to submit the following documents to the Immigration Office before their visa expires.

Required Documents:
  • Application Form
  • Passport
  • Alien Registration Card
  • Certificate of Enrollment
  • Certificate verifying that you will register next semester(Graduates Only)
  • Certificate of Scholarship or Applicant's bank statement(Over 3,000,000 KRW)
  • Copy of Employment Agreement(Faculty / Visiting Scientists Only)
  • Application Fee : 30,000 KRW(Revenue stamp)
  • Alteration of Residence : Lease-Rental contract
  • Official transcript
  • Receipt for Tuition Payment

Alien Registration

Within 90 days of arrival in Korea, the foreigners must register to get Alien Registration Card regardless of the type of their visa unless their total period of stay in Korea is less than 90 days. The International Center provides newly-admitted international students and faculty with this service.

Required Documents:
  • Application Form
  • One white photo (3.5cm x 4.5cm)
  • A copy of passport (bring the original passport)
  • Certificate of Enrollment
    (obtainable from the Automatic Document Machine after March 1/ September 1)
  • Application fee: 20,000 KRW(Revenue stamp)
  • Business Registration Number of Inha University (131-82-00372)

Working Permit

Foreign students (D2-holders) will be allowed to work part-time in Korea on the following conditions:

  • Should be recommended by a college professor
  • Have completed at least six months of study in regular college program and still enroll in Korean college
  • Working time allowed: within 20 hours per week in session (during semesters), and unlimited out-of-session (during vacation)

Attendace Requirement and Leave of Absence

If foreign students do not attend classes three consecutive times without any reasons, their absence will be immediately reported to the designated immigration officer. By the Korean national law, foreign students are not allowed to take a leave of absence from the school. If they obtain the leave of absence, they are required to leave the country immediately as your visa is no longer valid.

Report on Change of Sojourn Place

When the address of foreigners’ residence has been changed, they should file a report to the Immigration Office within 14 days. When they neglect to report the fact, they will be fined according to the Korean Immigration Law. The following documents must be submitted to the Immigration Office for each case.

  • Application form
  • Passport
  • Alien Registration Card
  • Alteration of Residence : Lease-Rental contract

Information on ‘On-line Reservation Service’ of Immigration Office

Immigration Office ( ) is offering various on-line services including "On-line Reservation Service." On-line Services are aiming at reducing waiting time and congestion that you may suffer, in the Immigration office.

Incheon Immigration Office

  • Address: 1-31 Hang-dong 7-ga, Jung-gu, Incheon
  • TEL: 032-890-6300
  • FAX: 032-890-6400
  • Directions: Take bus No. 9 at the bus stop university side across the Dormitory 1, and get off at the Incheon Immigration Office. If you go further 100m in the bus direction, you will find the Incheon Immigration Office.
  • Website :

Contact for more Information

Immigration Affairs & Visa